SUPERCHESSENGINE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UCI CHESS ENGINES

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Questions/ answers with Synology

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daniel

Questions/ answers with Synology  Empty
PostQuestions/ answers with Synology

QUESTIONS TO SYNOLOGY

Hi Everybody, I ask some question about their products to Gary Yau, Synology Sales Manager for USA
1 Could you introduce yourself and your company?
My name is Gary Yau, and I am the sales manager for Synology America. Synology was founded in 2000. Today we have 4 offices across the 3 continents. We have locations in Seattle, Los Angeles, London, and our headquarters in Taiwan, with a German office opening later this year. We manufacture NAS (Network Attached Storage), which is a replacement for your common server.

2/ what are your products advantages compare to competitor
Synology’s competitive advantage comes from our industry-leading DiskStation Manager firmware. Currently at DSM 2.3, it features applications for file sharing, media streaming, a built-in firewall, surveillance station, iSCSI capability, and many more features. We even have iPhone apps to access your data remotely.
We also have an in-house, dedicated US-based support team and a very active user forum and community. Our DiskStations are backed by 2,3 and now 5 year warranties.

3/what is your marketshare on your market? Are your among the top 5/ top 10 ?
Specific details are proprietary, but we are widely considered by the media and industry experts to be among the Top 3 NAS manufacturers.

4/ tell us an anecdote or something we don t know about your company?
We host our company site with our own NAS servers. Every time you visit our website you are actually going to a site hosted by one of our NAS. In our site, you do have the chance to experience DSM 2.3

5/What are your top 3 best selling products and why?
DS210+
DS410
DS1010+

6/ what are your news products for 2010?
DS110j
DS210j
DS210+
DS410j
DS410
DS710+
DS1010+
RS810+

7/ Will your company be at the computex show in Taipei, if yes, will you have something special for the Show?
Yes, we will be at computex in Taipei.

8/what will be your company main focus for 2010?
To educate the benefits of a NAS over traditional servers and promote the advantages Synology DiskStations provide the home and workplace.

9/ A special question I didn’t ask you?
Nothing in particular, other than to my appreciation to the collaborators of this site in inviting me to answer these questions.

Thanks Gary for your time.

If you would like ask some questions about Synology and NAs, it will be my pleasure to ask him next time I see him

Daniel Charles
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Questions/ answers with Synology :: Comments

No Comment.

Questions/ answers with Synology

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SUPERCHESSENGINE FORUM :: hardware-
Jump to: